The ringing of the Christmas bell notified us about the end of another year, 2020. Finally the year full of unwanted happenings ended amidst the COVID -19 Pandemic making us more aware and cautious about the beginning of a ‘New Normal’ venture in 2021. A new year means another 365 days of exciting opportunities, chances and prosperity in health. So let 2021 be the year where you will take care of you and your loved ones health to the utmost. This time you are going to promise yourself a healthy beginning that can have a lasting effect on your life.
Here are 10 resolutions for you just before the year ends so that you can enter with a healthier and fitter version of yourself:
- Know your Health Issues: You may have heard that those with pre-existing illnesses like respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disease and kidney problems, are more likely to develop severe symptoms if they contract COVID-19. So don’t neglect if you sense any irregularity, any complications or any symptoms in yourself. Consult a doctor, diagnose yourself and follow the prescribed medications to avoid further complications. To avoid the chances of infection, video consultation can be done from the safety of home but when a manual visit to the doctor is necessary, it has to be done with all the necessary precautions.
- Get moving: Be active in your day to day life. You don’t have to hit the gym straight away to lead a fitter life. Start with small steps in your own place like practising yoga, zumba dance taking a staircase instead of an elevator, walking to the grocery store instead of taking your car. Few minutes of daily moderate exercise at your home can help you a lot in metabolism and staying fit.
- Have a balanced diet: A balanced diet full of nutrients is the best way to maintain a healthy weight. Reduce your intake of harmful fats. Intake good fats like fish, avocado, nuts, coconut oil, cream and cheese, and limit trans (bad) fats found in baked and fried foods, processed snacks and foods, and cooking oils and spreads. Make sure that every day you are eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Stock up healthy snacks at your home, eat home –cooked food to avoid outside food.
- Drink more water: Drinking water is the very best way to keep your energy levels high and at the same time adequate water cheers up your metabolism. Dehydration not only affects your body’s metabolism but also increases your susceptibility to various infections.
- Reduce your alcohol level: Better sleep, better concentration and better long-term health are few of the many perks of cutting down on alcohol. By drinking less, you are doing your digestive system a favour.
- Cut down your nicotine intake completely: This year learn to say no to smoking or any other nicotine products. Smoking gradually damages your lungs, kidneys, heart and your immune system making you more prone to infection. Remember, it’s never too late to quit.
- Practise mindful eating: While working from home and binge watching your favourite series beware of every morsel that you are putting into your mouth. By doing this you not only do portion control, but also savour every bite. Eating slowly helps your system to know when to stop.
- Continue wearing Mask while stepping out: As we are getting used to with the COVID – 19 scenario, we should not stop taking proper precautionary measures, we learnt through out this year. Don’t stop using a mask while going out. Protect yourself and those around youfrom contagious infections and viruses.
- Make hand hygiene an important part of your life: Make a habit of washing your hands properly and often. Clean hands can prevent the spread of infectious illnesses leading to good health.
- Indulge more into self-care: Self-care both physical and mental should be prioritized this year to every one of you. Dedicate one day per week for self-care. Keep stress at bay. Get more sleep. A good night’s sleep can help reduce anxiety, improve heart and brain function. Listen to your inner feelings and cravings. Do things that make you happy.
Stay healthy with Neotia Getwel Healthcare Centre
Preventive healthcare is the best way to seek timely treatment and make precautionary lifestyle modifications. Neotia Getwel Healthcare Centre is a leading multispeciality hospital in Siliguri. The hospital holistically takes care of healthcare needs of the patients maintaining safety and hygiene at per international standard. To book an appointment with our multispecialist consultants visit https://www.neotiagetwelsiliguri.com/
Take a deep breath and get ready to welcome the New Year as well as the New Normal with your resolutions. Remember, it’s hard to stick to New Year resolutions but not impossible. If you give up midway, just don’t lose hope. Just pick up from where you left, no matter which date it is. We wish you happiness & good health for life. Have a safe 2021.