The Department of Gastroenterology offers comprehensive care for a wide range of gastrointestinal disorder & diseases associated with liver, esophagus, small intestine, colon, pancreas, gallbladder & bile duct.
The department has the most advanced facilities to carry out all major endoscopy and radiology assisted procedures for GI, liver and pancreato – biliary diseases and is equipped with modern instruments and advanced technology to provide all state -of – the art diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio – pancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophageal/ Duodenal/ Biliary and Colonic stenting
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement
- Gastrointestinal endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
Advanced treatment techniques performed :
- Argon plasma coagulation (APC treatment for massive bleeding)
- Special facility for therapeutic endoscopy in children
- Endoscopic treatments of jaundice in cancer patients