As we have entered into the New Year, it’s time to go over our resolutions for a healthy 2022. One area to reiterate is your health.
To have a fresh start for 2022, it is crucial to set health goals and commit to them.
These initiatives will not only help to improve your overall well-being but also improve your confidence and personality.
To help you out, we have offered some tips for a healthy new year resolution list that you can actually keep.
1. Take the stairs: The pandemic has confined most of us to the comforts of our homes, and thus, limited our options of stepping out.
However, with improving times, if you are still finding it difficult to get back to a healthy daily routine, then simple ways like ditching lifts or escalators can be beneficial.
Taking the stairs is a good option.
It is one of the simplest, yet, one of the most effective tricks to get fit. You can make it more interesting by setting daily goals. Record your daily progress and slowly increase the steps taken.
2. Go to bed early: A peaceful and early sleep can make a healthy difference to your day-to-day life. A healthy sleeping pattern can lessen the odds of physical and mental diseases.
Research shows that if you take a hot bath 1-2 hours before you go to bed, it can improve your sleep quality.
Turn off all the electrical devices before bedtime and keep your phone away. Instead, read a book or do meditation before hitting the sack.
You can also consult a sleep specialist if you still have difficulty in sleeping.
3. Practice healthy eating: You might have made this resolution several times only to give up sooner. But there is a way to keep up with it.
Start by making minor changes to your diet. Including leafy vegetables in your meals can improve digestion and keep many illnesses at bay.
Breakfast is often overlooked due to our hectic lifestyles. Adding as many veggies or fruits in the morning meal can energize your body for the rest of the day.
However, a little bit of flavourings on special days is alright. What matters is to keep a check on your everyday eating routine and consume a well-balanced diet.
4.Find a physical activity you like: Many people buy expensive gym memberships or fitness programs at the start of a new year, but don’t make this new routine into a lasting habit.
To stick to your fitness resolution, you can pick an activity you enjoy and fits well into your daily schedule.
Examples include: taking half an hour walk, cycling, swimming, joining a dance institute, etc.
Making a more realistic goal can help you achieve it easily and increases the chances of it to last longer, especially if you are new to exercise.
5. Try meditation: Stress is something that won’t go with a new year. In fact, chronic stress can increase the risks of obesity, insomnia, heart diseases and so on.
One way to control your stress is by practising meditation. Meditation is an evidence-based way to improve mental well-being. It is specifically beneficial for people suffering from anxiety or depression.
It is a perfect new year resolution as there are several ways to meditate, and one can know about them in various books, podcasts and applications.
6. Limit alcohol: Too much tippling is a sure way towards depression, memory loss and even seizures. Cutting back on alcohol is extremely helpful. Set a realistic goal to keep yourself on track. Further, if you wish to replace your alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic ones, try various cocktails of your choice, fruit-infused sparkling water, kombucha, and so on.
7. Continue wearing Mask while stepping out: As we are getting used to the COVID – 19 scenario, we should not stop taking proper precautionary measures, we learnt throughout this year. Don’t stop using a mask while going out. Protect yourself and those around you from contagious infections and viruses.
8. Make hand hygiene an important part of your life: Make a habit of washing your hands properly and often. Clean hands can prevent the spread of infectious illnesses leading to good health.
While most new year resolutions are meant for a short period, the healthy initiatives mentioned above are sustainable ways to enhance your physical and mental health that can be followed for life.
To conclude, try out a few resolutions in this blog post to help make this year the fittest and cheeriest possible. For any Health Issues Book your Appoinment Here
Though all attempts are made to provide correct information on the subject, inadvertent & typographical errors arising out of manual intervention cannot be ruled out. It is requested to bring any such discrepancies to the notice of the blogger for correction.